Street Address Line 1
Street Address Line 2
City, State Postal Code
Solutions-oriented Network Administrator with expertise in UNIX, Linux and Windows system administration, ISSO and PC and peripheral administration. Eager to contribute dynamic analytical and troubleshooting talents toward actively supporting a progressive organization in achieving its IT goals.
Networking: TCP/IP, VxWorks, Xwindows, Vintela, Veritas, NIS/NFS, DNS, Redhat Linux, Apache, WikiMedia, HTML, PHP, Perl Scripting, C shell, Win95/98, Active Directory, Cisco switches/routers, SSH, Kerberos, LDAP, Firewalls
OS/Infrastructure: UNIX, Sun Solaris, Windows NT/XP/2000/2003 systems and Servers, Linux
Security: Web pages, security training, badging, Information Systems Security Officer
Spoken Languages: Japanese (basic), English (fluent)
COMPANY NAME, CITY, STATE – Network Administrator 2002-Present
· Demonstrated exceptional system planning and management skills in providing Tier 1-2-3 support for over 140 mission critical systems on a 24x7 basis in a multi-platform environment including UNIX (Solaris, DEC, HP-UX,Tru-64), Linux, VxWorks, Network appliance, and Dell/Cisco switches.
· Successfully perform all system administration tasks ranging from user setup/deletion to backups and technical documentation and ongoing support.
· Responsible for continuous operation of the network system as well as installation and ongoing connectivity of routers, servers, PCs, printers and peripherals.
· Apply dynamic analytical and troubleshooting skills with a strong talent for addressing and resolving all user, performance, backup and security issues.
· Design, configure, deploy and administer servers and networks, as well as install and support hardware/software updates, upgrades and migrations.
· Planned and managed several projects over the life cycle from planning through roll-out including:
· Installed a new site DNS/Active Directory Server to extend the security and compliance of Microsoft Active Directory to UNIX, Linux, and Java platforms and applications using Vintela, with focus on flexibility for ensuring stability, flexibility and uninterrupted operations.
· Designed and implemented a remoting solution for monitoring multiple mission critical systems.
· Responsible for all network installation project deliverables including analyzing existing systems, job costing/justifications, negotiation/approvals, evaluation of emerging technologies, procurement, installation, configuration, user training, ongoing administration, and technical support.
COMPANY NAME, CITY, STATE – LAN Administrator/ISSO 1998-2002
· Installed and managed LAN administration activities on WinNT network with accountability for all administrative tasks including account setup, password security, backups, HW/SW installations, etc.
· Created necessary user ids, passwords, groups, and related PC, workstation and network administration tasks.
· Investigated and recommended new IT business solutions and kept abreast of new technological advances and participate in equipment/software evaluation.
· Acted as Y2K Coordinator with accountability for writing the plan and updating all software/operating systems to ensure compliance.
· As ISSO, updated virus scanners, designed and implemented website, authored disaster recovery plans/policies, and provided user training on all ongoing computer security issues.
· Managed and ensured security of the Confirm badging system for all levels of secret and top secret security clearances for the DoD.
Cryptologic Technician "A" school completion
Vendor training for Microsoft WinNT administration and supporting core technologies
Name Of School, Certified in Solaris 2.x UNIX administration